The Old Town Hall 1900

Cornwall established its first Volunteer Fire Co. and purchased a fire engine for 10 pounds stirling in 1832. On July 26, 1876 the commercial block of Pitt Street was destroyed by fire, prompting Town Council to purchase 3 hose reels. After an 1888 fire threatened the fire and police stations and killed 2 prisoners, the town invested in hydrants and waterworks.